CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 6, 2014

Vinegar Cake

When we got married over 30 years ago, I was on the look out for very easy recipes since I didn't know how to cook very many dishes. Very early on, I found a very easy chocolate cake recipe. I recently re-discovered it and thought I would share it.
A lot of you already know about this easy cake but there may be one or two that haven't heard of it.

Preheat oven to 350'

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons cocoa
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup warm water
6 tablespoons vegetable oil.

Most recipes call for it to be mixed in the pan but I use a nonstick spray on the pan and I mix all ingredients in a bowl then pour into the pan.
It works either way.

Once you have your ingredients mixed well and in the pan, bake in the oven at 350' for 25 - 30 minutes.
Check it with a toothpick, if it comes out clean, it is ready.

This cake is very moist and really has no need to be frosted.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment