Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Picante Skillet Chicken

I love to cook, but I just do not have the time to cook like I used to. Back in the day, I did everything from scratch, but now I just do not have the time. So, I look for recipes that are simple but I still want a lot of flavor.

I acutally saw this recipe on a commercial for Pace Picante Sauce and I thought it looked delicious. I am a big fan of Pace Picante Sauce so I thought I would give it a try.

Now, my husband, sometimes, is not really wild about some of the new recipes I try, but he thought this one might be ok. So I prepared it yesterday for supper.

1 T. vegetable oil

6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 pounds)

1 jar (16 ounces) Pace Picante Sauce

6 cups hot cooked rice

Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until its well browned on both sides.

Stir the picante saucein the skillet and heat to boil. Reduce the heat to medium. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve with rice.

And I will tell you, it was absolutely delicious. Personally, I never would have thought to pour picante sause on chicken!!! But since you can put anything else on it, why not!

I will be checking out Pace's site for more recipes!



http://mygc.com/carolsscents

http://my.tupperware.com/clee8212

4 comments:

  1. This chicken recipe sounds great! Thanks for posting!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’d like to personally invite you to join the CookEatShare Author network. CookEatShare has had over 2.5 million unique visitors in 2009, and I think they will be interested in your content. Users will be guided to your actual blog, so this is a free way to increase page views and visitors to your site.

    Please contact me at mary@cookeatshare.com for more information, to get unique link to claim and customize your profile. Please visit http://cookeatshare.com/blogs/apply for additional information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the follow; we shred chicken and pour salsa on it for tacos. Amazing!
    Following back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! I am following you back.

    ReplyDelete