CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 18, 2009

I found this recipe in our local rural monthly paper. http://www.ruralmissouri.coop/rmrecipes.html

I just love making my own jellies and jams, and the easier the recipe, the better! This one looks pretty fool proof, and that is what I need.

Apple Cider Jelly

1 qt. apple cider
2/3 cup Red Hots cinnamon candies
1 pkg. (1-3/4 oz.) pectin, powdered
5 cups sugar

In a large pot, combine cider, Red Hots and pectin. Bring to a rolling boil over high heat, stirring often. Add sugar and return to a rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat and skim off any foam. Carefully ladle hot jelly into hot, sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Adjust caps. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath.

That's it!! Enjoy!



http://my.tupperware.com/clee8212

2 comments:

  1. hi Carol, I like your recipes here.I havent really tried making jams on my own, but I told my sister about this recipe and we're making it this weekend.Thanks for sharing this.I'd love to guide our readers to your site if you won't mind.Just add your choice of foodista widget to this post and it's all set, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great! I haven't made jelly since my kids were young but this would make wonderful Christmas presents.
    Thanks
    Martha

    ReplyDelete