CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 7, 2009

Homemade Ice Cream

Everyone I know just loves homemade ice cream. We always make quite a few batches in the summertime, and believe me, it doesn't last very long around my family.

Here is a recipe a friend of my husband's gave us.

This is by far, the best ice cream recipe I have personally used.

4 qt
3 cups milk
1 3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cup half and half
1 tbs vanilla extract
3 cups whipping cream

Scald milk until bubbles form around the edge. Remove from heat. Add sugar and salt. Stir until dissolved. Stir in half and half, vanilla and whipping cream. Cover and refridgerate 30 minutes. Freeze as directed on your ice cream maker.

Serve with your favorite ice cream topping.

Variations:

Strawberry: Add pureed strawberries (4 cups for 4 qt)

Peach: Add pureed peaches (4 cups for 4 qt)

Enjoy!



http://my.tupperware.com/clee8212

No comments:

Post a Comment