CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I Found This Recipe

I am always looking for new recipes, but most of the time, I never get around to making them. I have quite a collection of recipes that I will share with you, and some of them sound absolutely devilishly delicious!

If you get a chance to try them, post away and let me know if they were indeed delicious or if they just "looked good on paper".

Here is one I thought sounded great, but my husband did not seem to think it would be!

Try it and let me know.

Chili-Peanut Pork Chops with Carrot-Cucumber Salad

1 cup dry-roasted peanuts
2 tsp. chili powder
4 1/2-inch-thick pork chops
2 tbsp. olive oil
1/4 cup vinegar
1 tbsp. sugar
3 small carrots
1 small English (seedless) cucumber
1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves

-In a food processor chop 3/4 cup of the peanuts. In shallow dish combine chopped nuts and chili powder. Press pork chops into nut mixture to coat.
-In 12-inch skillet cook pork in hot olive oil over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 155 deg. F
-Meanwhile, in medium bowl combine vinegar and sugar, stir until sugar is dissolved. With vegetable peeler, lengthwise, cut carrots and cucumber in ribbons. Add to bowl. Stir in remaining peanuts and the cilantro leaves
-Serve pork chops with carrots and cucumber mixture.
-Sprinkle with additional chili powder.
-Serves 4

If you try this, be sure to let me know what you think!


Recipe from August 2009 Better Homes & Gardens Magazine




1 comment:

  1. Great blog. Love the recipes. I am following you now.
    Sheri
    http://sherisstory.blogspot.com
    http://miraclemomas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete